We offer both wood and metal ornamental fencing as well as custom built gates. A new fence around your property can really add a beautiful touch to your home. There are lots of reasons you may be looking at adding a new fence. Maybe it’s for security or just to keep the dogs in! Maybe it’s for a little more privacy for your own comfort. Or maybe it’s to finish off the backyard oasis you have been working on! Whatever the reason you need the new fence you can trust us to build it in no time! Using only the best quality wood our fences are built to handle all of Ontario's harsh summer and winter climates. Get the piece of mind knowing that our level of service will be added to your home’s value. If you’re interested in a new fence the steps are easy. You get in touch with us first. We measure your property where you new fence would be going to get a total lineal footage. Then we find out what style of fence you would like built. All fencing styles are priced per lineal foot so at that point we would provide you an estimate. Once the job is confirmed we order all of the locates for your property. Once those come in we are ready to dig and build!
We are very transparent with all of our clients. We know a homeowner generally gets a few quotes. We encourage this! But when you’re comparing prices, it can be tricky if you don’t necessarily know what it is you’re looking for. So I have included a few key questions for you. Make sure you ask your potential fence contractor these very important questions we have provided. This will make your decisions regarding whom you choose a lot more stress free.
- Does the company you hire actually do the work? Unfortunately we see this a lot and it’s never right. You think you hired one company but really they have flipped the job to someone at a cheaper price and they just take their cut and move on. This is done without you, the client, even realizing or being told. This can be a large issue if something happens on the build or with a warranty issue down the road
- When they dig do they actually dig 4 ft. down to make sure they get below the frost line? This is very important to ensure there is no lifting or shifting in the posts. If this happens the fence is not built properly and can have serious negative results
- Is dirt removal from the holes included in your estimate? This is often something that is overlooked and not considered. It is also very common practice for you to get hit with a surprise dirt removal fee added to your bill at the end of the job. Or you get left with piles of dirt all over your property and you then have to clean and dispose of it yourself. Both options are bad and again something we see everyday
- Is the framing of your fence screwed down and NOT just nailed? Unfortunately lots of builders build fences as quickly as possible and secure all the framing with a nail gun. This is not the way it should be done as the nailer often leaves the nails protruding slightly. It’s hard to control the accuracy and they often blow out (or crack) part of the wood. The framing should be securely and accurately screwed down. It is ok to use galvanized nails to secure the actual fence boards but not your framing!
- Do they get all the required locates done before digging? Digging without knowing the approximate location of underground utilities can result in damage to gas, electric, communications, water and sewer lines, which can lead to service disruptions and serious injuries.
- Do you have a warranty that you are happy with?
- Is the business insured and are they WSIB complaint?
Regardless if you decide to choose us or not for your project, I hope these simple questions helped you in finding the contractor for you and made the experience stress free! But if you do choose us you can rest assured you are getting top-notch work from a company you can trust!
“We cut wood, not corners”
If you're interested in any scope of fencing job simply give us a call and we can come visit your home so we can accurately quote the job.
CONTACT US TODAY 647-642-2427